This Spanish program is designed for those seeking to improve their Spanish while living abroad in Costa Rica. Spanish classes at our facilities can be in a group or private sessions.
Group classes: this option is ideal for students who want to learn Spanish and share time with students from other countries. The groups have no more than eight students. We have groups in the morning or at night; it is essential to see the groups’ level according to their level.
Important: At this time, due to COVID-19, group classes at our school are not allowed. We are interested in the health of our students.
Private classes: This option is ideal for students who need to take their most personalized study course or whose availability of time to study does not coincide with group class schedules. In private classes, students can work on their most specific needs.
At the Spanish school for residents and expats in Escazú, we focus on what the resident/expat needs to know to live here in Costa Rica day by day. Spanish School for Residents and Expats focuses on precisely what you need to learn to function in a Spanish-speaking country. We also focus on strengthening and refining each student’s vocabulary and language skills by keeping our classes small and intimate.
We believe that the best approach to teaching Spanish is to teach students what they need to know in real-life situations. You will learn what to say in a bank, restaurant, government office, supermarket, pharmacy, grocery store, or taxi driver. This approach not only increases your confidence; it also allows you better to take your experience to a whole new level.
Description of our Programs for Residents and Expats
- Monthly Programs: All the programs for Resident and Expats have a duration of 4 weeks. When the Student finished, the program can renew for another four weeks.
- Days of classes: According to your goals, you can choose how many days of classes per week you want to take. You can select from 5, 3, 2, or 1 day per week. After the interview, we can suggest how many days need to take to improve or learn Spanish.
- 02 hours of classes per day: We suggest to our students to take at least two hours per day; however, we can talk about it because everything depends on your interview. Studying Spanish is a process, and you can learn in a relaxing and effective mode!
- Real Immersion to Spanish: Remember that you live in Costa Rica, and you are in touch with the Spanish almost 95% of the time. It is perfect for you because you can practice all that you learn in our School. You need to take advantage of this opportunity!
- Schedule of Classes: Every day, we start classes at 7:00 am, and our final session finishes at 9:00 pm—more than 12 hours of classes per day ( Monday to Friday ). We will indicate the different options of groups according to your Spanish Level. If we do not have a specific group for you, no worries, we need to talk.
- Special Packages for Couples: We want to encourage the possibility of studying, practicing doing homework together. For this reason, we have a special package and price for couples. Apply some restrictions with this package.
- Students Resources: Our students can find different free resources to study Spanish. We want to give them the tools to practice at home or office like a complement to our online or face to face sessions. You can access these resources using your tablet, computer, and cellphone anytime.